Answered

Sonos controller doesnt pick up system after completing setup

• 17 December 2016
  • 2 replies

I have a pc app which doesn't want to play ball. All my other installations including a desktop with Windows 10 work fine. This one doesn't see the system after it has completed adding one player. although when I look at the 'my Sonos systen' there is a player noted. Using a Bridge.
icon

Best answer by gkaz 18 December 2016, 12:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have similar problem. Sonos controller on one laptop in house working fine but not on other one. I just got new laptop with Windows 10 and installed Sonos controller software. It connects fine during setup and then shows I'm connected to 1 of 3 of my CONNECTS but then controller says can't connect when I open it. Only difference is the controller that doesn't work is version 7.0 on Windows 10 where the one that is working is version 6.4 on Windows 7. Not using a bridge.
I have a pc app which doesn't want to play ball. All my other installations including a desktop with Windows 10 work fine. This one doesn't see the system after it has completed adding one player. although when I look at the 'my Sonos systen' there is a player noted. Using a Bridge.

I think I fixed it on my end. It was Firewall setting on my Laptop. The following was helpful to me to figure out how to change my Firewall settings. Hope helps you, too.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/692?=kb294&session=L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDgyMDYxMjQ4L3NpZC9mVXNyT2hwQlVDUUlLRUdReXltU2ZveUhENE11eEklN0U0Q0syenB4Ql9kazc1Z0JONDZpS2I1SFFoNzBWWUI4MUFRNzhpa1dSMXJKQVV6aG4yZDhCSG9Yb0VpX1ZfZm5wX2VoZlB5THpFNVJ3M1FEa0JqYURURE41USUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D