Sonos Controller can't find speakers

• 30 November 2018
  • 6 replies

I routinely have an issue where the Sonos Controller app (currently version 9.3) installed on my iPhone X (iOS 12.1) can't find any Sonos speakers on my network. Now since this has happened I deleted the Controller app from my phone, reinstalled, and tried to add my speakers back. Unfortunately when it gets to the point of finding the speakers on my wifi network, it can't. So now I have five speakers sitting here that I can't user because I can't get the app to recognize them. Extremely frustrating.

What could be causing this. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps, nothing is working. Very expensive investment in speakers to have sitting around unused.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Note, I'm referring to the Sonos iOS App, not the Sonos Controller device in my post.
I was having the same problem, you have to reset the speakers . And try to connect them one by one .

Playbar factory reset
Unplug the power cord from wall outlet. Press and hold Play/Pause button while simultaneously plugging power cord back into wall outlet. Continue holding the button until the light starts to flash amber and white. Once the factory reset is complete, the light will flash green.
Don't do a factory reset!
At least, that should be a last resort.

When you're doing your setup, do you have a Sonos device connected to your router with an Ethernet cable?

Once you've set them up one time, you shouldn't need to set them up again. Generally speaking, it sounds like something changed with your wifi, so that the speaker's couldn't connect. Could be wifi interference, could be a firewall change, could be your router stopped broadcasting on the 2.4Ghz channel, could be your SSID changed. But the way to get your speakers back online wouldnt be to do a factory reset. Depending on what the potential issue is, most of them can at least start being fixed by wiring a single Sonos unit to the router with an Ethernet cable.
None of the speakers are connected with a cable, I'll give that a try and see if it works. I'll also check on the wifi config to see if something could have changed or if the 2.4Ghz channel went down. Thanks for the ideas.
Sure thing. And the more information you provide, the better this community can help diagnose 🙂

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings