Answered

Sonos connects but the App will not play any music

• 18 January 2019
  • 2 replies

My Sonos app is connecting to the internet and connecting to my home Sonos system, but nothing will play. This is the first time I have ever experienced this problem in 3 years of using Sonos.

When I pick an artist or a song on Pandora, Apple Music, or Spotify, the app is displaying one of two options.

Option 1

- Add Station to My Sonos
- More
OR

- Remove from My Sonos
- More

If I select Add Station to My Sonos, and then go to the My Sonos section, the only option available to me is:
- Remove from My Sonos

What in the world is going on with this App. This happened out of the blue after the system working normally for 3 years. I am connected to my home wifi network, which is connected to sonos, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to play a song. I have tired connecting through the Sonos App, and connecting through the Spotify App, which normally will let you play a song on Sonos within Spotify.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 January 2019, 04:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have you tried a full reboot, the speakers in addition to the wifi? It sounds like there's something that changed that's causing the speakers to no longer be able to reach out of your local wifi. Could be a DNS issue, could be just a problem with your router.
Sign. Turn it off, turn it on. The tried and true method to fix anything that I forgot. Thanks for the reminder, Airgetlam...that did the trick.