Answered

Sonos connection to WIFI is intermittent

• 24 September 2018
  • 3 replies

My sonos apps connects and disconnects from the internet constantly. I have a 200mbps internet connection. All my other apps and devices, including Amazon Eco Dot, Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, etc. Work perfectly with our internet system. Is there a fix for this? Please help.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 24 September 2018, 04:42

To JaimeM1

Sounds like you have Wi-Fi interference and or IP address conflicts. This fix is a bit involved but may resolve your issues. Please follow steps in order given.

1.Unplug all devices_Wired and Wireless (including Sonos and devices such as baby monitors and wifi security cameras)
2.Unplug modem and router
3./Plug in modem (let it come back)
4.Plug in router (let it come back)
5.Plug in Sonos one by one and let each come back before moving on to the next
6.Plug in other wireless components one-by one
7.Plug in wired components one by one

To bayman

Sonos must be on 2.4Ghz. The only product that utilizes 5Ghz (in your case) is the Beam but only to send material to a sub or surrounds.

Top JaineM1/bayman

Let us know the outcome. Cheers!

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have same problem with Beam. Every device on 5ghz WiFi streams fine except the Beam in 2ghz channel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
To JaimeM1

Sounds like you have Wi-Fi interference and or IP address conflicts. This fix is a bit involved but may resolve your issues. Please follow steps in order given.

1.Unplug all devices_Wired and Wireless (including Sonos and devices such as baby monitors and wifi security cameras)
2.Unplug modem and router
3./Plug in modem (let it come back)
4.Plug in router (let it come back)
5.Plug in Sonos one by one and let each come back before moving on to the next
6.Plug in other wireless components one-by one
7.Plug in wired components one by one

To bayman

Sonos must be on 2.4Ghz. The only product that utilizes 5Ghz (in your case) is the Beam but only to send material to a sub or surrounds.

Top JaineM1/bayman

Let us know the outcome. Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have same problem with Beam. Every device on 5ghz WiFi streams fine except the Beam in 2ghz channel.

Sonos only supports wi-fi connections on the 2.4GhZ frequency.