Question

Sonos - Connection to Spotify was lost

• 13 December 2016
  • 48 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

48 replies

and also: 6888086

Thanks, there's still an issue with Spotify on Sonos affecting some regions, Australia is the main country with the issue your system is showing on the diagnostics. You don't need to worry about the wireless for the moment as this isn't unique to your household or environment. This issue is well under investigation and we're working with Spotify to get it corrected.

What's your ETA? I really don't want to have to return my sonos but it's beginning to look like i'm going to have to.

Please try looking at 6919668 please.
When will this be fixed? Will it be fixed?? It's been going on too long now without any status update. Diagnostic number 6920433
Same problem here, started after the most recent update, I have rebooted speakers and router multiple times, logged out and back in, used different accounts. Amazon music works fine but Spotify keeps stopping disconnecting. Spotify streams fine on its own just fails when playing through the sonos system either via the sonos app or via spotify connect. Plays a few songs, sometimes only one, then stops.. very frustrating...6920953. Only started happening with the recent update...i'm in the UK.
I have resolved the issue by subscribing to Premium however an explanation from Sonos as to whether this is now Spotify/Sonos policy or if it is simply overcoming the current bug.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi mlsred and mcgregormooney,

I'm sending you both private messages with some instructions.
also in Australia and have been getting the unable to connect to Spotify error for the last month

6974643 diagnostic

I was also asking for help via sonos twitter and got a reference number

Tried to ring hotline but could not get through
and also: 6888086

Thanks, there's still an issue with Spotify on Sonos affecting some regions, Australia is the main country with the issue your system is showing on the diagnostics. You don't need to worry about the wireless for the moment as this isn't unique to your household or environment. This issue is well under investigation and we're working with Spotify to get it corrected.

Just wondering if this has been resolved yet. I'm in Australia and haven't been able to connect Spotify since getting a Sonos Play:1 for Christmas.

Cheers
Matt
Any feedback for us Aussies? Still not working
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, it's not an issue with all Spotify connections in Australia, so if you're having trouble there, don't jump to conclusions. We'd love to take a look at your systems. Feel free to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number and we'll let you know if that's what you're running into or if there's something else going on.

You're also welcome to give us a call on our support line and a technician can take a closer look at what you're seeing and assist in cleaning things up.
Hey guys, it's not an issue with all Spotify connections in Australia, so if you're having trouble there, don't jump to conclusions. We'd love to take a look at your systems. Feel free to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number and we'll let you know if that's what you're running into or if there's something else going on.

You're also welcome to give us a call on our support line and a technician can take a closer look at what you're seeing and assist in cleaning things up.

Hey Ryan,
Thanks for the response. Not sure what you mean by jumping to conclusions. Your previous comment stated "This issue is well under investigation and we're working with Spotify to get it corrected" and I was just looking for an update on where this investigation was up to.

Anyway I've submitted a diagnostic with number 7021081. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist with this investigation.

Cheers
Matt
Matt,

If it helps you out, sonos sent a firmware update to my system earlier today - (just for my system)

And it fix my problem with Spotify connection network connection
Australian based

support@sonos.com
Come on guys does anyone have an update on this? The Sonos app and firmware updated today and still no spotify. Can someone please tell me when this will be fixed. I spent a lot of money on this system based on the marketing telling me how great it is and now I'm starting to wonder.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Come on guys does anyone have an update on this? The Sonos app and firmware updated today and still no spotify. Can someone please tell me when this will be fixed. I spent a lot of money on this system based on the marketing telling me how great it is and now I'm starting to wonder.

Hi mmilliss,

What is the make and model of your router?

Hi mmilliss,

It's a Netgear D6300.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi mmilliss,

It's a Netgear D6300.

Please check for and run updates on your Sonos system then test out Spotify and let me know how it goes.

Hi mmilliss,

It's a Netgear D6300.

Please check for and run updates on your Sonos system then test out Spotify and let me know how it goes.

I installed the latest update in the last 2 days and it made no difference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi mmilliss,

It's a Netgear D6300.

I just applied a patch to your system which should help with a specific issue that happens with your router. Please check for updates on your system and try out Spotify again.
I too have the same issue and have done for weeks. This is occuring in the areas connected to the playbar but the play1 speakers work fine. I have problem of the lost connection to spotify as well as an error 1002 when trying to add to queue. I am a premium spotify customer. I also submitted diagnotic 7040081 but have heard nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I too have the same issue and have done for weeks. This is occuring in the areas connected to the playbar but the play1 speakers work fine. I have problem of the lost connection to spotify as well as an error 1002 when trying to add to queue. I am a premium spotify customer. I also submitted diagnotic 7040081 but have heard nothing.

Hi juliem,

It would be best to work with our phone team on this issue. Please give us a call and reference case number: 170127-001709. Our phone number and hours in your region can be found here.

Hi mmilliss,

It's a Netgear D6300.

I just applied a patch to your system which should help with a specific issue that happens with your router. Please check for updates on your system and try out Spotify again.

Hey Jeff,

I applied the update and it seems to be helping. The spotify disconnect issue is still happening occasionally but not so much as it was before. I'll keep going and see how it goes over the next few weeks. Just one question though, when the next general release becomes available won't it overwrite my custom release? And if so won't I start getting these issues again.

Cheers
Matt
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
[

Hey Jeff,

I applied the update and it seems to be helping. The spotify disconnect issue is still happening occasionally but not so much as it was before. I'll keep going and see how it goes over the next few weeks. Just one question though, when the next general release becomes available won't it overwrite my custom release? And if so won't I start getting these issues again.

Cheers
Matt

You shouldn't have to worry about updating your system. The patch will remain active.
Bought the soundbar 2 weeks ago, spotify premium had been working fine.
Installed Sonos PC controller and now "connection to spotify was lost".
No matter whether trying to play through android app or spotify devices it will not play.
I have tried rebooting everything, deleting and re-adding spotify account still doesn't work.
I am in Australia with Netgear CG3000v2
If there is a custom patch can you please make it available online so we don't have to manually request it?
Diagnostic:7158533
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Bought the soundbar 2 weeks ago, spotify premium had been working fine.
Installed Sonos PC controller and now "connection to spotify was lost".
No matter whether trying to play through android app or spotify devices it will not play.
I have tried rebooting everything, deleting and re-adding spotify account still doesn't work.
I am in Australia with Netgear CG3000v2
If there is a custom patch can you please make it available online so we don't have to manually request it?
Diagnostic:7158533

Hi rhyyys,

The patch is for a specific error which is not showing up in your diagnostic report. In your case there's a different error which can usually be resolved by rebooting all of your Sonos components. To do so, just remove them from power for ten seconds or so. Once everything's back online, please test out Spotify again.