Answered

Sonos Connection Issues Beam+Sub+Boost

• 19 January 2022
  • 4 replies

I have the Beam (gen 2) and the Sun (gen 3). I use the Sonos app to get them connected using the 2.4g wifi.

The sub has not been staying connected. Also, everytime I open the app it can not locate the system and I end up having to redo the whole process. The sub will work for a day or so and then lose connection again and I repeat the process.

I bought a Boost hoping that would help but am having the same issue.

I reset my router and made sure I had coverage. I have 1000mb service and average about 250mb wifi in the room with the system.

What am missing? I love the sound of the system but am getting really frustrated. 

Any help appreciated if I am missing a step.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 January 2022, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What model router are you using? Is WiFi enabled for both the Beam and Sub in the Sonos app?

Wi Fi is enabled on Beam and Sub

It is a CenturyLink modem/router Zycel C3000G.

Userlevel 7

Unbond the Sub from the Beam in the Sonos app and unplug them both from power for a couple of minutes. Reboot your router. Then plug the Beam and Sub back in and allow them to connect to the network. Then add the Sub to the Beam again.

Thank you for your help. It is working again as of now.

Will check back tomorrow. Hopefully this keeps it connected.