Sonos Connect suddenly removed itself from system, won't reconnect after reboot or factory reset

Userlevel 1
Badge
I've had this setup working smoothly for almost the past year, but this just started giving me issues the other day.

My Connect wasn't showing up in the app, so I unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in. Still nothing, just a flashing white light even after waiting 10 minutes. Reset my router and all network devices. Nothing. Factory reset the connect, flashing amber and white light.

What else can I do? I've tried rebooting and resetting several times but I end up stuck with a flashing white light or flashing white/amber light. My Play:1 in another room is still working just fine, so it's something with the Connect specifically.

Diagnostic number 8220373

EDIT: Damn, thought I had it. After another reboot the mute button was flashing green (not the LED, the mute button). I went to add play in the app and the connect popped up. I finished adding it but now it's blinking white and amber again.

8 replies

Same issue here. Just started happening. I’ve had it drop numerous times in the past and can easily reconnect via the app. Not this time.
Same issue. ‘Connect’ is suddenly gone from my sonos devices visible in the app. Updates iOS and sonos app— no luck. Tried app on multiple devices-“: phone, iPad, computer. Nothing works
Try this:

1) Unplug the CONNECT from power, as well as all other Sonos devices.
2) Reboot the router
3) Once the router is back up, plug back in the CONNECT to the power.
4) Once the CONNECT is back up, plug in the next Sonos device to the power.
5) Once that device is up, move on to the next.
6) Repeat 5) for as many speakers as you have.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Airgetlam wrote:

Try this:

1) Unplug the CONNECT from power, as well as all other Sonos devices.
2) Reboot the router
3) Once the router is back up, plug back in the CONNECT to the power.
4) Once the CONNECT is back up, plug in the next Sonos device to the power.
5) Once that device is up, move on to the next.
6) Repeat 5) for as many speakers as you have.

I ALMOST thought this one worked! Everything looked good.

I unplugged my Connect and Play:1, hooked up the Connect to my router via ethernet, rebooted the router, plugged in the Connect's power cable, was able to get the Mute button flashing green.

I went to add it via the app and shockingly it came up. Unfortunately it then gets stuck during the "registering product" step of the process. It just keeps saying "setup problem, check your internet, blah blah blah." The LED on the Connect is now solid white but the app is stuck on the splash screen as if there's nothing connected.

EDIT: MINOR SUCCESS. Rebooted again and was able to complete the setup process. I actually got a song to play for about 20 seconds before it cut off and the Connect seemingly disconnected again. Now I'm back to the "We can't connect to Sonos" splash screen.
Then I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi willryan42, when the Connect doesn't appear on the app again, can you press the mute button and then reply here with what the LED does?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Andy B wrote:

Hi willryan42, when the Connect doesn't appear on the app again, can you press the mute button and then reply here with what the LED does?

Hey Andy, here are the troubleshooting steps that seem like they're heading in the right direction:

1) Unplug power cable from Connect, unplug power cable from Play:1 (I'm only focusing on the Connect so really the Play:1 is irrelevant)

2) Reboot router

3) Once router reboots, plug power cable back in to Connect (Connect is also hooked up to router via ethernet)

4) If I'm lucky (as in I've gone through this process a few times and it doesn't always happen) the mute button will slowly flash green

5) Open Sonos app on my phone, go through setup process, the Connect is instantly detected by the app and I'm able to go through the rest of the process. The LED is now white and the Connect seems to be good

6) Start playing music. I was able to have a Pandora station play for about 5 minutes, then the audio cut out and I'm thrown to the app's "We can't connect to Sonos" screen.

7) During all this, the LED is still solid white, hitting the mute button does nothing.

8) If I reboot the Connect, the LED flashes white. I waited 10+ minutes and no change.

9) Here I try a few more reboots but only get the flashing white LED. If I factory reset again, the process starts over.

The most recent time going through the above process, I submitted a diagnostic after step 6 (music cuts out, kicked out to "can't connect" screen). The number is 8249947. Thanks for your help!
Having the same issue with my Connect as well. Following post.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings