Answered

Sonos Connect / Spotify starts playing by itself

• 28 May 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi, in the past few weeks my Sonos Connect has started playing random songs not in my playlist from Spotify. Last week it was playing Alan Jackson and last night it started playing The Righteous Brothers. I submitted a diagnostic which is number 1947761065. I don't have any alarms set and no one else has access to my wifi and/or Spotify.

Can someone please help with this? Let me know if you need more info!

Thanks... Josh
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 28 May 2019, 19:41

Hi, in the past few weeks my Sonos Connect has started playing random songs not in my playlist from Spotify. Last week it was playing Alan Jackson and last night it started playing The Righteous Brothers. I submitted a diagnostic which is number 1947761065. I don't have any alarms set and no one else has access to my wifi and/or Spotify.

Thanks... Josh

Hi Josh,

Thanks for sending in the report. I don't see a whole lot in your report which would explain why non-playlists songs are playing. I see quite few messages in the report where tracks are being added to the queue, but I can't tell if these were added on purpose. I think it would be a good idea to have our phone team take a look at this issue live. Please give us a call, our number and hours can be found here.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks... Josh

Hi Josh,

Thanks for sending in the report. I don't see a whole lot in your report which would explain why non-playlists songs are playing. I see quite few messages in the report where tracks are being added to the queue, but I can't tell if these were added on purpose. I think it would be a good idea to have our phone team take a look at this issue live. Please give us a call, our number and hours can be found here.
Thanks Jeff. This just happened again and I was able to submit a diagnostic right away. The new number is 1141570665. Does that one give anymore info on what's happening?

Thanks... Josh
Same issue with me 310810305 it basically sees my phone connect to wifi then starts playing what was in the queue if Spotify or streams the TuneIn Radio station. Very annoying
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same issue with me 310810305 it basically sees my phone connect to wifi then starts playing what was in the queue if Spotify or streams the TuneIn Radio station. Very annoying

Hi there,

Your speakers are receiving commands to play from Alexa . Have you set up any groups or autoplay options?