Question

Sonos Connect Orbi Issue

• 25 December 2018
  • 0 replies

I have a Sonos Connect connected with Ethernet cable to the main Orbi, and it feeds audio into an amplifier that powers non-Sonos speakers. The Ethernet runs from the 1st floor to the second floor, as our house came with an audio center that houses the amp which is connected to non-sonos speakers throughout the house. An Orbi satellite is also on the second floor.

Typically I stream audio from Spotify. This worked for the first month or so, but then the non-Sonos speakers started cracking and eventually the Sonos would not appear on the wi-fi network. If I bring the Sonos to the first floor and run Ethernet directly from the main Orbi to the Sonos, I can reestablish a connection, but once I move the Sonos back upstair to connect to the Amp, the wifi doesn't recognize the Sonos. This happens whether I add the Sonos to my main network or my guest network.

Please help me!!!

Thanks, Josh

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.