Sonos connect not working with eARC

• 4 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello I am still looking for the best way to get the sound from my television, Sky dvd player to come through my  Cambridge audio CXA81 amplifier which is in a different room 

I have  a Sonos connect amp which I used with my previous tv it was plugged  in via red/white connectors and accessed  through the line in function in Sonos although there was a slight delay this was easy to do & worked well.

I now have a Sony Tv model KD-48A9 With hdmi E-arc I was advised  to connect  the Sonos  to this through a Tenkak HD10  switch also through its arc setting  but it does not work and just a humming noise comes out, can somebody clarify if this is the best way to acheive this and  how it would all need to be connected as  I am  not certain, the tv and amp both also supports chrome cast which I understand may also work 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Barry

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

How do you listen to the TV sound while watching TV? Are you using the TV’s speakers?

I tried searching for the Tenkak HD10 and the Tenkak website does not recognize that model.

Badge +2

Hi Buzz sorry its a Tendak 2.0 HDCP HDR10 the tv knows its plugged in but reverts to the tv speakers so comes from Them The Tv displays the message TV speakers are active due to audio system communication Failure 

Thanks

Barry

Full disclosure: I’m not a SONY TV user.

You may have some success if you disable CEC on the TV.

Also, make sure that the TV is set to send PCM stereo audio.

Another approach would be to use the TV’s TOSLINK (optical) output and a TOSLINK to analog audio converter.