Answered

Sonos Connect Non-functional After 9.3 Update

• 10 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Yesterday I proceeded to update my Sonos system to the latest update as prompted in the Controller App (iOS 12.1+) and after the update, it said something to the extent of it not fully completing and to retry, so I did, which didn't fix it. I proceeded to plug it directly in to an ethernet port and tried again, with no success. I tried re-pairing it, and rebooting it, etc. with no luck. I then turned off all other components and re-installed the controller app, factory reset the Connect and then tried to set it up as a new system by itself. It finds the unit and appears to start setting up, but eventually just goes to the solid amber light. I've tried these processes multiple times, plugged and unplugged, wired/wireless, etc. But the end result ends with the unit not being detected in the app and the solid amber light. I'm bummed to think that this update bricked my Connect.

Please help!

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 10 December 2018, 14:30

Hi Mattman

Best course of action is to submit a diagnostic and post the reference ID in this forum. Afterwards call Sonos Tech support so that they can work with you in real time.

How to Submit a Diagnostic:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US

Cheers!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi Mattman

Best course of action is to submit a diagnostic and post the reference ID in this forum. Afterwards call Sonos Tech support so that they can work with you in real time.

How to Submit a Diagnostic:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US

Cheers!
Thank you, but part of the problem is that I can't connect to the Sonos Connect unit at this point, it never fully comes up, so I'm not sure I'll be able to run the diagnostic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Running the diagnostic has nothing to do with your ability to connect to a Sonos product. The diagnostic takes a snap-shot of your network and allows Sonos Tech support to suggest a course of action. So run the diagnostic...it's takes less than a minute. After doing so do not make any further changes to your Sonos setup as it will change the diagnostic submitted that the Sonos Techs are seeing.