sonos connect flashing red light

• 19 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi.  My sonos connect disappeared from my system according to my phone app.  Multiple attempts to find it/reconnect were unsuccessful.  I tried turning it off and on again.  That didn’t solve anything.  I tried resetting it.  That was a mistake!  Now, I just have a flashing red light.  I called support and they said “it’s a known issue” “we are working on it” “a fix will be rolled out soon.”  That seems unlikely considering the connect is so old (how long has this been a known issue)?  Any ideas on how I can get my connect working again?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

The flashing red light is a known issue, but the fact that you can’t connect it to your network is a completely different issue. Have you tried rebooting your router and phone and trying the setup process again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If a factory reset of just the Connect and then adding it as a new device to your existing system isn’t working I don’t have a solution.

Are you on S1 or S2 and what is the date from the bottom of the Connect?

Flashing red

A new (or reset) Sonos product will show a flashing red light if it is not set up within 30 minutes of powering on. You can clear this state by rebooting your Sonos product.

Regarding S1 or S2, the app I use is sonos 2.  Does that answer your question?  As far as the date on the bottom of my connect, I don’t see any such date?  I do see CMIT ID: 2012DJ0234 .   Does that answer?  I tried factory reset (again) and this time it did not go straight to flashing red light.  It went to orange, but I still can’t get my sonos set up no matter what I try.  Any ideas?

Uhhh.  Forget the above.  Reseting still results in flashing red.  Still having all the same problems as in the original post.

Well I don’t know how I fixed it, but I did.  The flashing red light thing was still happening, but I just went through the add product work flow and it worked this time.  No idea what I did differently.