Answered

SONOS Connect dropping off network

Hello, I’ve been having issues with my system losing a CONNECT in my LOUNGE. I’ve tried most things, moved it, changed WiFi channel, new Access Point etc. Still having the same problem. I’ve submitted a diagnostics 334453260, could someone please take a look and see if it shows any clues please. Thanks, Chris
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 5 July 2018, 22:30

Hello,

when I connect the power, it boots up and after a few moments, appears in the iPhone App. I can then select it, choose music and play. diag 542897432

After a while, the CONNECT appears to reboot, lights flash etc. Sometimes it reappears in the App but most often, the LED lights solid and bright, then disappears from the App or the LED goes out and pressing buttons gives a flashing orange light. diag 85637299

Thanks
Chris

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It doesn't look like there is a hardware issue with the CONNECT. It is normal for a Sonos unit to flash orange when the button is pressed and the queue is clear. The issue may be with your Ubiquiti wifi system. Mesh setups like this are hard for Sonos units to remain connected to. We generally recommend using the Sonos BOOST setup by wiring in at least one Sonos unit (speaker or BOOST), to your main router. This causes the Sonos system to use its own mesh network instead of trying to stay connected on the Ubiquiti mesh. Another option is to check your Ubiquiti settings to make sure the system is not set to automatically switch its wireless channel. If you set the system to a static channel it can help the Sonos system stay connected.

As a test, can you temporarily wire in one of your Sonos units to your main router using an ethernet cable? See if your system's stability increases in this setup.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Bumping this up the list 🙂
Chris,

Your profile doesn't indicate where you live, but the majority of the board staff is based in the US, which is on holiday today. If you're from somewhere else, I'd certainly recommend that you could speed up the response by contacting Sonos to discuss it.

And even if you're here in the US, they do have a 24/7 twitter contact in that link I provided. I think right now, there's only one board rep from Europe today, and I'd be willing to bet he's done for the day, given the time I'm typing this.

Good luck!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, I’ve been having issues with my system losing a CONNECT in my LOUNGE. I’ve tried most things, moved it, changed WiFi channel, new Access Point etc. Still having the same problem. I’ve submitted a diagnostics 334453260, could someone please take a look and see if it shows any clues please. Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. I don't see your CONNECT in the report as it has likely disconnected. When your CONNECT drops from the app, does it respond to button presses? Try clicking on the play/pause button and note what the light on the unit does. If there is no response, try rebooting the CONNECT. Does it show back up?
Hello,

when I connect the power, it boots up and after a few moments, appears in the iPhone App. I can then select it, choose music and play. diag 542897432

After a while, the CONNECT appears to reboot, lights flash etc. Sometimes it reappears in the App but most often, the LED lights solid and bright, then disappears from the App or the LED goes out and pressing buttons gives a flashing orange light. diag 85637299

Thanks
Chris
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello,

Thanks
Chris

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It doesn't look like there is a hardware issue with the CONNECT. It is normal for a Sonos unit to flash orange when the button is pressed and the queue is clear. The issue may be with your Ubiquiti wifi system. Mesh setups like this are hard for Sonos units to remain connected to. We generally recommend using the Sonos BOOST setup by wiring in at least one Sonos unit (speaker or BOOST), to your main router. This causes the Sonos system to use its own mesh network instead of trying to stay connected on the Ubiquiti mesh. Another option is to check your Ubiquiti settings to make sure the system is not set to automatically switch its wireless channel. If you set the system to a static channel it can help the Sonos system stay connected.

As a test, can you temporarily wire in one of your Sonos units to your main router using an ethernet cable? See if your system's stability increases in this setup.
thanks I’ll try that, also could I use an old Bridge ? hasn’t been an issue until CONNECT arrived,
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The bridge should work nearly as well as a Boost, do keep an eye on the Bridge power supply as they have been known to fail. If yours does there is an Amazon link around here somewhere to one that is an easy replacement.
hello, connected the CONNECT to my router which seemed ok till it just crashed, diag 1207445910 does that show anything ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
hello, connected the CONNECT to my router which seemed ok till it just crashed, diag 1207445910 does that show anything ?

Your CONNECT is not showing up in your report. Also, your other speakers are still connecting through your Ubiquiti system. Normally your other speakers should have switched over to the SonosNet mesh connection when your CONNECT was wired in. How far are your other speakers from your CONNECT?

Also, please press the play/pause button on your CONNECT. Do you see a change in the lights?

Is your CONNECT wired into your HUAWEI router or into your Ubiquiti device?
I tried connecting a Play 1 to the router but the CONNECT still locked up, so I then connected the CONNECT to the router, that has since crashed so is now “disconnected” the other devices are equidistant from the Ubiquity AP, small house so perhaps 20 feet or less. The AP was installed as part of my investigation, I thought it may have been WiFi interference from next door however It feels like a faulty CONNECT, is it possible to get it repaired ?

ps. pressing buttons on the CONNECT (now with a solid white LED) does nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I tried connecting a Play 1 to the router but the CONNECT still locked up, so I then connected the CONNECT to the router, that has since crashed so is now “disconnected” the other devices are equidistant from the Ubiquity AP, small house so perhaps 20 feet or less. The AP was installed as part of my investigation, I thought it may have been WiFi interference from next door however It feels like a faulty CONNECT, is it possible to get it repaired ?

ps. pressing buttons on the CONNECT (now with a solid white LED) does nothing.

Thanks for trying that. It sounds like there may be an issue with your CONNECT. At this point it would be best to contact our phone team, you can find our phone number and hours here.
a big thanks to SONOS for arranging a replacement unit, it’s working perfectly, excellent service all round, CHEERS !