Answered

Sonos Connect connection issues

• 10 June 2021
  • 3 replies

So I have the Sonos Connect. For some reason it keeps needing reset. I did a master reset and set it up again and it works fine. Then when i try to use the next day my app says “unable to connect to sonos lets fix it” So Ill go through and set up again and all is fine until the next time I go to use it. What is going on? Can the connect have gone bad?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 June 2021, 18:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There’s always a very remote possibility of the hardware going bad, but that would be way less than a 1% chance. 

If I were to bet, you’re experiencing some sort of wifi interference issue. Without more details, it’s hard to tell, but one thing I’d suggest is that you stop doing a “master reset”, more commonly called a factory reset. It tends not to fix things, just obfuscate the issues by erasing the data stored on the device that would help Sonos help you figure it out. 

A few things that might help the community help you, if you prefer not to submit a system diagnostic and talk to Sonos about what they find, would be knowing how your Sonos is connected to your LAN. Do you have a device wired? Or does it just connect to your Wifi signal? What kind of wifi network do you have, is it a standard single point router, or are you running a mesh network? Do you have any Powerline adapters in use, or other network extenders? Do you have any other Sonos devices in use? 

I have same issue - cannot connect to sonos -let’s fix it . But of course it doesn’t . Tried everything. The problem is that most people who buy this type of product are not tech geeks . You would need a phd in whatever to work through this stuff . The fact is The Sonos product is not fit for purpose - ie press a button and play some music . Virtually every time I try to do that it does not work. Now being a good example and having pent another 2 hours trying to fix it . Every other internet device I have works fine consistently. 
So Sonos get your act together and fix this. Shortly I will start a campaign to ensure no one else wastes their time and money on this . 

Most folks don’t have any issues, but you appear not to be one of those. 

Most of us don’t have PhDs either. 

If you were to supply some indication as to what items you have, and how you currently have tried setting them up, the community, which has quite a few well versed members, would likely be able to assist you in getting past the frustration, and to a point at which your Sonos system works like most folk’s systems do. 

I do agree that sometimes their “let’s fix it” deals more with the 90% of issues, and misses on the 10%. From my game code experience, it’s really hard to write code that can show errors for every single possible thing. There’s a point of diminishing returns on chasing that kind of thing.