Answered

Sonos Connect Amp pulsing white light -drops connection after 1 song

Hello fellow Sonosers

I’m having hours of fun trying to fix this.

Had the Sonos Amp for a month now. Was working fine.Have the Amp in lounge room connected to an amplifier and play 7 in bedroom.

All of a sudden the Amp stops playing......flicks off half way through song with a pop playing through the speakers. The speakers then pop in time with the pulsing flashing light - like I’m Jodie Foster getting an intergalactic message from Contact....just not quite as exciting.

Then the app on the iPads says it can’t connect to sonos device. It comes back..... but unless you reset controller I get a 1001 error can’t fine songs.

After trying to reset everything I guessed the Amplifier I’m using was the issue...so I borrowed an Amp from a friend - same thing. Tried digital output ...same thing. Thought it might be wifi but when I bring bedroom sonos speaker into the lougeroom it plays fine. Tried factory reset...same thing. Remember it was fine for over a month....I rent this place and haven’t touched the settings.

Before I try the “throwing it from tall building” option....can anyone suggest anything? I can’t see my specific issue coming up on google search.

Thank you
icon

Best answer by Ross999 8 December 2017, 02:36

Hi Bruce

Thanks for your reply. My apologies for being so vague....or lazy with the details of the equipment I’m using.

After actually “looking” at the devices...I have a Sonos connect.....hooked through my Yamaha Amplifier. I also have a sonos play 5 speaker.

I will try your suggestions.....however I’m not confident as I feel I’ve tried every combination to get this thing working again.

Diagnostics 8188063

Thanks again mate.

Ross

View original

2 replies

Most likely not an issue with the amp at all (although I have no idea what a Sonos 7 is). I think what you're experiencing is a duplicate IP address issue (although there's another possibility, bear with me). Try unplugging the CONNECT:AMP as well as any other Sonos speakers you have, and then reboot your router. Once the router is back up, try plugging the CONNECT:AMP back in to power. Give it a minute to finish booting, then move on to your next speaker, doing the same thing, i.e. plugging it back in and waiting for it to boot.

I'm concerned though that we're talking about two different different things. If you have a device connected to a receiver, it's more than likely not a CONNECT: AMP, but instead a CONNECT, which will make my next paragraph useless. Take a look at the device, and confirm for us which one it is. Might be worth checking the other device, so that we all know what a Sonos 7 is :)

But the other potential that I'm thinking about is the possibility that you're overheating the CONNECT:AMP by having an incorrect load on it. This is where I'm a tad fuzzy. I had electrical training 30 years ago, but haven't kept up with it. You may want to check the impedance of the speakers, and post back here with that data, there are a lot of folks here who have more experience in this area than I do, and will confirm whether your speakers are OK or not for running off of the CONNECT:AMP.

Finally, the next time this issue happens, it might be good if you were to submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at. Be sure to do it within 10 minutes of the occurrence, so that there's data in the log files.
Hi Bruce

Thanks for your reply. My apologies for being so vague....or lazy with the details of the equipment I’m using.

After actually “looking” at the devices...I have a Sonos connect.....hooked through my Yamaha Amplifier. I also have a sonos play 5 speaker.

I will try your suggestions.....however I’m not confident as I feel I’ve tried every combination to get this thing working again.

Diagnostics 8188063

Thanks again mate.

Ross

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)