Question

Sonos connect amp plays and increases the volume to full volume on its own.

• 13 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi our sonos connect randomly goes to full volume and also plays songs when they've been paused.

The app and amp are on the latest OS.

Phone Lock screen and amp control buttons have been disabled.

I've deleted the app and reinstalled.

The same problem occurs when using the sonos desktop app.

This happens when using tune in radio and Spotify within the sonos app.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I'd recommend that within 10 minutes of one of these volume changes, you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at. There should be data in the log files that are submitted that will tell them what device is sending the volume change commands.

You've already done most of the things I'd normally recommend, i.e. the lock screen controls, and the buttons on the speakers. I used to have a cat that liked the warmth generated by the speakers, and would sometimes rest his paw on the volume control just enough to change it. Took a while to track that one down 🙂 Fixed it by moving the speaker to somewhere where he couldn't sit on it, but Sonos has changed things so you can turn off the speaker's controls, which is awesome.