Answered

Sonos Connect - Adjusting Variable Volume for Rooms

• 29 May 2019
  • 3 replies

How do I adjust variable volume for multiple rooms with Sonos Connect? Used to be able to adjust the variable room volume in settings and then set it back to fixed. Either this is no longer available or I'm missing where the new settings are.

My 3 sonos "rooms" are all outside and I turned down one room for the winter and now just one room needs the volume increased but I can no longer adjust it
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 29 May 2019, 05:37

Tap the volume slider and it should change from system-wide volume control to individual speaker control.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Tap the volume slider and it should change from system-wide volume control to individual speaker control.
Volume slider will only allow me to mute. Does not slide. If I open the settings for EQ, (when rooms are selected, not selected or in party mode) the EQ tab box says "Equalization settings are not available while a Sonos speaker's line-out level is set to fixed." This used to be the section I could adjust to variable, slide the volume to the appropriate level, then go back and set back to fixed.
I don't think that is ever how it worked. That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Line out level affects only the receiver and passive speakers that use the Connect's outputs. 'Fixed' means 'maximum', you cannot change its level. The volume if playing the Connect's line in source through other Sonos speakers is controlled on the fly using the individual volume sliders, as described by @Stanley_4. What you need is on the Now Playing screen, not in Settings. It was ever thus.