Answered

Sonos connect

• 10 August 2018
  • 3 replies

music cuts in and out when playing music through my Bowers and Wilkens speakers. Could there be something wrong with my Sonos connect that is 2 years old?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 10 August 2018, 21:26

I sent a diagnostic report. #1608314668

Thanks for the report. It came through with some formatting errors, making it a bit hard to read. But it does look like there are some communication errors between your Sonos components. These are usually wireless communication errors, caused by interference from other networks, or electronics.

If you have a Sonos unit wired into your network, you can try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using. If your Sonos system is set up to connect to your home wireless network, it may help to change your router's wireless channel instead.

In either case, take a look around and in between your Sonos speakers for any third party wireless devices which could be causing interference. You can try moving these devices away from your speakers, or power them off temporarily to see if playback improves.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
music cuts in and out when playing music through my Bowers and Wilkens speakers. Could there be something wrong with my Sonos connect that is 2 years old?

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. Audio cut outs can happen for a variety of reasons. Can you send in a diagnostic report after you hear the audio cutting out? Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for the report. It came through with some formatting errors, making it a bit hard to read. But it does look like there are some communication errors between your Sonos components. These are usually wireless communication errors, caused by interference from other networks, or electronics.

If you have a Sonos unit wired into your network, you can try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using. If your Sonos system is set up to connect to your home wireless network, it may help to change your router's wireless channel instead.

In either case, take a look around and in between your Sonos speakers for any third party wireless devices which could be causing interference. You can try moving these devices away from your speakers, or power them off temporarily to see if playback improves.