Sonos Ceiling speaker one wire broken

• 11 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I have 4 Sonos ceiling speakers with individual wires going back to a Sonos amp. Unfortunately the speaker wire for the speaker furthest from the amp got damaged during the building works, resulting in only 3 speakers working.  I can’t take a new wire all the way back to the amp from the broken position- due to newly plastered ceiling, 15 metres length and ceiling joists going in wrong direction, etc. Could I run a speaker wire across to the nearest other ceiling speaker and bridge from that one (approx 3 metres), instead of running all the way back to the amp? That way 3 ceiling speakers would be connected to the amp and one would be connected to another ceiling speaker. Happy to hear other ideas on I could get all 4 speakers working without too much destruction!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +4

I would think that would work, but the 4th speaker would unfortunately only be mono. In other words, the 4th speaker would produce the same signal as the 3rd speaker it was connected to resulting in a mono pair. Also, depending on whether you ran the 3rd and 4th speaker in series or parallel the impedance could change

Sometimes Taperwire and a little paint works miracles.