Sonos cannot be added to network

• 11 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello

I have now been trying to have my Sonos system to my network for a couple of days.

Was working earlier last week.

System is a 2xSL Sub and Play bar: This system cannot be added to any network that I have running in the house currently a 2.4Ghz and a Ghz. Error come up that they cannot connect to network nor the internal Sonos network. This system is purchased outside of my current living country not sure if this can have an impact or not.

Sonos move. This one working without any issues and can be added without any problems.

Any tips/help is very appreciated. Kinda hates to have a system just standing around collecting dust

// Patrik

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge

What is your current WiFi setup? Are using a mesh system? multiple access points? or maybe band steering?

Badge

Hello

Mesh system. Sonos is connected to one access point located 2-3 meters from system.

// Patrik

Badge

I have heard of a number of people using mesh systems without issue and lots who have had lots of issues. Might be worth factory resetting your Playbar and SLs and setting it up fresh if they were working on a different wifi setup before.

Badge

hello

Have tried that already :(. But will do so again and connect all through cable then start all over.

Main issue is that the system have been work 100% prior to last weekend :(.

Kinda boring the click to play Sonos style feels so far away at the moment.

Thx for the advice

Badge

Might also be worth trying to set them up using a old access point/router if you have one that isn’t mesh based to see if its the current system you are using that is causing the issue.