Question

Sonos can't connect all of a sudden?

• 14 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge
Sonos play1 worked flawlessly for the almost year since i'd had it! All of a sudden it stopped connecting and nothing, nothing has changed on my router's end. Comcast said there's an issue with our home schcurity system, but that shouldn't affect it? Nothing i try works. Powering off/on, granted i've not powered off/on the modem peeing that everything else works elsewhere. And, i had to change my sonos password today. Any chance that's related somehow? Thanks for all the help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge
Also, to add more confusion, the comcast tool to check what devices are connected, guess what, owes show the sonos! Figure that out! 🙂
Hi Kd0ess, let’s figure out what’s going on.

Make sure your phone/tablet is not connected to a wifi network called Xfinity; this is a public wifi hotspot automatically created by Comcast and will prevent you from seeing Sonos.

If you’re certain you’re connected to the correct wifi network and still can’t see Sonos, temporarily wire your player with an Ethernet cable into a port on your router. Make sure you’ve plugged in to a port with a number label next to it and/or the words “LAN” or “Ethernet”. This is the most surefire way to determine if the issue is with the Sonos player or your controller's connection to it. If you can see Sonos when wired in, go to settings > wireless setup and re-enter your wifi credentials.