Answered

Sonos Boost dead or non responsive.

• 31 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 17 replies

This is my second Boost, this one has disappeared from my system.

Not getting the changing colour lights when trying to re-connect, just a plain white light.

Do I just order a another one, or spend endless time dealing with Sonos support over this?

I am using a Sonos Port which works properly when connected directly to my router?.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 31 May 2021, 18:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried unplugging the Boost from power for about a minute and rebooting the router and phone?

Davnos,

Are you saying that you had a previous BOOST fail? BRIDGE has a checkered history and they are approaching EOL. I have not seen many reports of failed BOOST’s.

I assume that BOOST is wired to your network. Are BOOST’s network port lights working OK? If BOOST is wired to the network and the port lights are not active, either the network connection is down or BOOST has failed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d send in a diagnostic after also connecting another Sonos to the Ethernet. Pass Sonos the number and see if they can see something, they will often offer a discount on a replacement if it was a hardware failure.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for all the advice given. Thankfully my boost has now risen from the dead!