Answered

Sonos Boost

Badge
Hello All,

I purchased a boost 6 months or so ago, I have a play bar, sub, two play ones and a Sonos One. I have them all set up through the boost but they are all still showing up as connected to the network. is this normal? I was under the impression that they would all show up as one connection to the network when using the boost.

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by jgatie 1 June 2018, 21:41

Yes, it is normal. The wireless protocol Sonosnet (aka "Boost Setup") uses is a proprietary Layer 2 protocol, but it still uses standard Layer 3 IP networking. This means all Sonos devices must still use standard lP addresses.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes, it is normal. The wireless protocol Sonosnet (aka "Boost Setup") uses is a proprietary Layer 2 protocol, but it still uses standard Layer 3 IP networking. This means all Sonos devices must still use standard lP addresses.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
You can check in the system status in settings. All that are using boost should show mw0 as the mode. Which indicates boost is being used rather than wifi.
Badge

Amazing. Thank you!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You might also like looking at the Network Matrix page. It shows what each Sonos is connected to.

http://sonos-ip-here:1400/support/review