Answered

Sonos Beam won’t turn on with TV

• 12 January 2020
  • 3 replies

I installed my Sonos Beam without problems, but when I turn off my tv, and turn it on the next day, my Beam won’t turn on. But if I turn off and on the tv again, the Beam suddenly turns on. My tv is Philips 65PUS6754, and EasyLink is ON, original hdmi cable is plugged to ARC.

I wish I didn’t have to turn my tv off and on everytime. Is there a solution for this?

icon

Best answer by Overonn 13 January 2020, 18:06

I ended up ditching the HDMI-ARC, and using the optional «sound out» cable instead. This have actually helped so far.

View original

3 replies

It sounds like the issue is with your TV not sending the signal properly to the Beam when you turn on the TV the ‘first’ time, since the Beam doesn’t really turn off. Check for updates to the TV. If there are any, be sure to install them. Then unplug your TV from the wall for two minutes. Plug it back in, and test.

It sounds like the issue is with your TV not sending the signal properly to the Beam when you turn on the TV the ‘first’ time, since the Beam doesn’t really turn off. Check for updates to the TV. If there are any, be sure to install them. Then unplug your TV from the wall for two minutes. Plug it back in, and test.

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, there are no updates for my tv, but I can still try to unplug my tv from the wall in 2 minutes, just for testing. 

Other suggestions will be highly appreciated.

I ended up ditching the HDMI-ARC, and using the optional «sound out» cable instead. This have actually helped so far.