Answered

Sonos Beam volume goes all the way down to mute

• 27 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Diagnostic # 1979963598

My beam just started going down to mute out of no where. I tried turning off the touch controls and disconnecting from google assistant, which didn’t work. Also the tv says the beam is muted. I can turn up the volume using the remote or the app. If I’m lucky it will only drop a few points. But if I try to adjust it, it goes back down to mute. 
any advice on how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 December 2021, 07:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Disconnect everything from the TV including the Beam and unplug the TV and Beam from power for a couple of minutes. Plug them both back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure CEC is enabled on the TV. Then run TV Setup under the Beam’s settings in the Sonos app. Connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC port when the app instructs you to using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. When the Beam has been connected successfully, connect any other device to the TV.

Badge

Thanks GuitarSuperstar.

I was having the same problem.  Followed your simple steps and I’m fixed.

Cheers!

I completed the above & am still having issues.

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.