Question

Sonos Beam, Sky Q and Optical

• 1 January 2020
  • 0 replies

Despite spending numerous hours with the Panasonic and Sonos support teams I’ve been unable to set up my Beam using HDMI ARC out of my TV. I have therefore resorted to using the optical cable direct into the Sky Q Box. The App now shows DD 2.0 so its an improvement in sound.

However when switching to another HDMI output eg PS4 or Amazon TV the Sky box continues to play, which I accept so I have to turn the Sky box off. However the volume on the other HDMI channels is controlled by the TV speakers. Does this seem right?

Also when playing BBC 1 and C4 (non HD channels) on the Sky Box the sound comes out of the Beam and the TV speakers so it sound very tinny

Is anyone able to advise what the set up should be for using the beam via optical with Sky Q and the other HDMI devices?

I thought getting the beam would be easy to set up but its been nothing but an expensive nightmare

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.