Answered

Sonos Beam keeps losing connection to BT Home

• 4 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with my Sonos Beam (gen 1) losing connection with my BT HomeHub.

I resolve the issue by unplugging the Beam and plugging it back in, but usually 2-3 days later it will lose connection again. I notice this as Alexa will not respond and then I go into the Sonos app to see that it has disconnected again.

I contacted Sonos a couple of weeks ago and we went through a full troubleshoot which included going into the BT HomeHub settings and changing the wireless to mode 2  - which resolved the issue… but again, only for a couple of days.

I have also unregistered the Beam from my account (including a factory reset), reset the HomeHub numerous times and everything suggested in the troubleshoot pages with no luck (only resolving the issue for a couple of days at a time at most)

Does anyone out there have any further suggestions? There is not a problem with my Hub and the signal is not the issue, but something appears to be going on.

I would rather not have to connect via ethernet if possible.

Many thanks for any help you could provide!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 August 2022, 21:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Some suggestions for you to consider…

if not done already, perhaps try reserving your Sonos IP addresses in the BT routers DHCP reservation table. Also ensure the routers 2.4Ghz WiFi is set to a ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel (choose channel 1, 6, or 11) and if the BT configuration pages allow, set that bands channel-width to 20Mhz only. See if that then resolves your issue.

A few related useful Support links:

Change a Routers wireless channel:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4769

Wireless Interference Document:

WiFi Interference

Wireless Interference Video:

Wireless Interference and Sonos

Some suggestions for you to consider…

if not done already, perhaps try reserving your Sonos IP addresses in the BT routers DHCP reservation table. Also ensure the routers 2.4Ghz WiFi is set to a ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel (choose channel 1, 6, or 11) and if the BT configuration pages allow, set that bands channel-width to 20Mhz only. See if that then resolves your issue.

A few related useful Support links:

Change a Routers wireless channel:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4769

Wireless Interference Document:

WiFi Interference

Wireless Interference Video:

Wireless Interference and Sonos

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely give this a try when I get home!

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Some models of the BT Home Hub are junk. Can you not use a decent router instead?

BT HomeHub 3 compatibility | Sonos

I am still having an issue, even when trying to use a separate channel (1, 6 or 11)

I have taken a copy of the code I get just now via diagnostics to see if anyone can help further… 1093404329

Thank you

Since this is a community forum, and we as non employees of Sonos don’t have access to the data in your diagnostic, you may be better served by calling Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.