Answered

Sonos Beam is lowering volume automatically just after I turn up the volume

Hi there,

My Sonos Beam is lowering the volume automatically just after I turned it up. It lowers the volume to the same value (15) again and again. It does not matter if I control the volume on the beam itself or via different apps (sonos app, spotify android or macOS, tv remote). I already tried unplugging the device, wait and rebot but to no avail. The light on top of the beam is also blinking white and red. I have not touched or moved the beam or cables in ages. 

Diagnostic report:

Hope you guys can help me out here.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 August 2022, 11:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

A flashing red/white light may mean that the Sonos product failed to update. Reboot your Sonos product and attempt to update the product again. If the issue continues, contact Sonos Support.

Also see this LINK: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/226

Just checked but there are no updates to be installed, everything is up-to-date.

Just checked but there are no updates to be installed, everything is up-to-date.

Assuming you also power-cycled the Beam before checking for updates, then in that case I would perhaps get in touch with Sonos Support and see what they can discover from your earlier diagnostic report. See this link to contact the Support Staff:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

I had contact with support via chat, which was a very slow experience, and it looks like my Sonos Beam needs to be replaced. It’s not even 3 years old. 

I had contact with support via chat, which was a very slow experience, and it looks like my Sonos Beam needs to be replaced. It’s not even 3 years old. 

Ah really sorry to hear that👎, is it covered by warranty, or an extended warranty?

If not, then you ‘might’ want to (re)search online, local to where you are and see if there any Sonos repairers in your locality. Here’s an example of one (found at random) https://www.isonatec.com, but it’s not a service I’ve ever used, so I’m not making any recommendations here. It’s a case of doing your own research and using these services at your own risk.

HTH

Thanks Ken_Griffiths for the replies. My Sonos Beam will be replaced without additional costs because it was still within the 2 year warranty. Though there was a little miscommunication and it looked like I would get a 30% discount voucher instead which I would not have accepted. I find it very concerning that I’m seeing similar posts with this problem and it’s just caused by faulty hardware. My device has not moved or changed since I got it but it still somehow broke. Let’s see if I’m back here in 2 years or so. 😅

Thanks Ken_Griffiths for the replies. My Sonos Beam will be replaced without additional costs because it was still within the 2 year warranty. Though there was a little miscommunication and it looked like I would get a 30% discount voucher instead which I would not have accepted. I find it very concerning that I’m seeing similar posts with this problem and it’s just caused by faulty hardware. My device has not moved or changed since I got it but it still somehow broke. Let’s see if I’m back here in 2 years or so. 😅

Maybe cover it with an extended warranty too, just for that extra peace of mind. There are usually plenty of options to choose from online.

I have the identical issue!  Sonos beam is a 20 months old. Hooked up and  moved once because my Samsung tv didn’t like it. Pain in the butt to make it work.  Now on Sony Bravia and had been working fine till a month ago.

Had a very pleasant experience with Sonos Support. Having the volume issue with my Beam and they were unable to fix.  There was a one year warranty on their product.  I have owned my product just over 18 months and they are replacing it with no charge becuase I did not do anything to cause it tand it is a Beam problem...  My faith in Sonos has been restore!  Very happy with the support I received.