Answered

Sonos Beam Gen 2 occasional buzzing during dialogue

• 17 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Sounds great in general but occasionally with dialogue there is a buzzing sound--typically when a young woman is speaking at a specific pitch, or when someone is talking over the phone or a police radio in a movie. This was happening with The Guilty (Jake Gyllenhaal) on Netflix which was very annoying since he was a 911 operator always on the phone. When I switch from Dolby sound to PCM the buzzing goes away. Beam is about a month old and since this is just an intermittent problem I may be able to live with it but thought I would see if there were any easy fixes to check out. Connection is HDMI from Hisense H8G.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 November 2021, 21:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I wouldn’t choose to live with it, I would perhaps try a different power socket (if practicable) and try another HDMI cable too. If the problem persists, then maybe try to capture the issue in a video recording, submit a Sonos diagnostic report and perhaps post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat to the Sonos Support Staff via this LINK

I got tired of trying to fix it via support. I bought a new one which sounds great and returned the defective one over the weekend. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I got tired of trying to fix it via support. I bought a new one which sounds great and returned the defective one over the weekend. 

Is the new one still ok?

I have a similar issue, and am arranging a return, (although no stock where I am for now), however I can’t help wondering whether it’s a tv issue or something else that I haven’t troubleshooted instead?

Is the new one still ok?

I have a similar issue, and am arranging a return, (although no stock where I am for now), however I can’t help wondering whether it’s a tv issue or something else that I haven’t troubleshooted instead?

FWIW I have the Beam Gen 2 and I’m not experiencing the issue - maybe (if possible) try plugging the Beam into a different power supply and just see if that resolves the issue. Try without/with a different extension lead, if need be and see if it sorts the matter.

Is the new one still ok?

New one sounds great! I was glad I tried some troubleshooting first, and like you was concerned it might be my tv. I hope your new one sounds great too. Good luck!