Answered

Sonos Beam Disconnects from App - Every time

• 27 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I recently bought a Sonos beam in which I have it connected to an LG 4K tv thru HDMI (ARC). Every time I go to watch tv and have the audio play through the beam - it’s fine. When I want to switch over to music my beam gets disconnected from the APP in which I have to do the “let’s fix this” steps. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this and seemingly switch from TV audio to music? The Beam is connected via WIFI. I have the TV autoplay set to off. TV audio always works, just playing music bugs it out for some reason. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 April 2021, 05:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried unplugging the Beam from power for about a minute and rebooting your phone and router?

Yes, the only way to fix the issue is unplugging the beam power every time, then it will be able to connect. But, doing that every single time, which I have been is excessive! 

Userlevel 7

Can you connect the Beam directly to the router with an ethernet cable? If not, do you have any other Sonos speakers you could connect?

I could test out the Ethernet connection way. Haven’t yet. No other Sonos products, just the beam.