Question

Sonos Beam cuts out

• 10 October 2020
  • 2 replies

My Sonia beam tv audio regularly cuts out with my Samsung tv. Diagnostic number is 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Turleywe, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us with a detailed concern and the diagnostic report. Let me help you and figure out what's happening.

Upon checking the diagnostic, it detected that the HDMI Not Connected    and there's no signal from the TV to your Beam.

Let me suggest the following basic troubleshooting steps to see if this would work for you.

HDMI cable is fully plugged in
- Unplug the HDMI cable from the Sonos Arc and the TV and wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in. 
- Disconnect other devices connected to your TV (cable box, Blu-Ray i.e.)
- Reconnect the HDMI cable to your TV and the Sonos Arc. This is to ensure that all the connections are fully seated.

Test your Beam while playing your TV and observe if you will experience the same then proceed to the next step.

Repeat the TV setup
- On the Sonos app, go to Settings > System > Tap on the room (Sonos Arc) > TV setup. 
- Please follow the steps on the app to complete the setup. Once completed, test your Sonos Arc if it’s working.

If after performing the steps above and you're still facing the same issue, please submit another diagnostic report and provide us the confirmation number. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You need to post the model # of your Samsung TV and the firmware version. Samsung compatibility with HDMI audio devices is a constant problem.

You could always switch to optical instead (with the adapter that came with your Beam), even Samsung can usually make optical reliable.