Answered

Sonos Beam bass distortion with vibrating noise

• 25 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Suddenly I am hearing my Beam bass is distorted with a vibrating noise. I have been using the factory set equalizer setting without any custom adjustments.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 April 2021, 10:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Chickab 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Whatever the problem is, the software is unaware.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

Badge

Here is diagnostic report 141523420

Badge

Thanks for the quick reply. First thing I checked was the seating and it fine. It is seated on a solid wooden mantle on its own with nothing on the mantle. I will try to retune the Trueplay. I will submit the diagnostic report now.

Distortion is quite often resolved by re-Trueplay tuning a speaker, or perhaps a firmware update may fix it, but the vibration noise needs looking at more closely. However you don’t explain if the vibration is coming from within the speaker, or if it might be something external, like a cable touching the casing etc; or a speaker mount.

I would investigate further and perhaps remove/re-seat the device to see if the vibration maybe caused by any external factors. If it proves to be internal, then I would submit a Sonos diagnostic report and post it’s reference back here and perhaps try to capture the issue in a video recording (if practicable) and then speak/chat with Sonos Customer Support via this LINK.