Sonos Beam ARC connection issues

• 12 December 2018
  • 30 replies

Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 12 replies
I have my beam connected to my Samsung TV via HDMI cable to ARC port. Things work fine generally but every couple of days the beam will loose the connection to the TV. Sonos app says it detected a connection issue with the TV and tries to fix it but to no success.

Every time this happens the only way to fix it is unplug power to the beam and it will reconnect after the reboot. This is very annoying especially since now i have to do these multiple time in a week. unfortunately every time this happen its outside of the support hours so i cannot talk to anyone for support.

Do other people see similar issues? is there any fix to this at all?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Update:
The connection lost happen again last night. I had already disabled CEC on all connected devices to the TV. I also did a hard reboot of the TV by unplugging power for a min or so. None of this help, in order to get things back on had to reboot the beam.

This is makes my experience so bad, and since i am not home during the day time no way to get any help from Sonos support as well. Can i submit a diagnostics report when this happens next time and can call the support later once they open?

I would definitely unplug your other HDMI connected devices for a day, or two, to test these things, rather than simply turning off CEC on your other devices. If the problem persists, it at least narrows things down to just three things .. the Beam, The TV, or the cable connection between them.
I’m having this same issue intermittently with my Beam and a brand new LG OLED TV. I can’t figure it out. Neither device provides feedback that you could use for troubleshooting.
Update:
The connection lost happen again last night. I had already disabled CEC on all connected devices to the TV. I also did a hard reboot of the TV by unplugging power for a min or so. None of this help, in order to get things back on had to reboot the beam.

This is makes my experience so bad, and since i am not home during the day time no way to get any help from Sonos support as well. Can i submit a diagnostics report when this happens next time and can call the support later once they open?
Yes, no reason why not. Try contacting them via this link. Some methods provide 24/7 support:

Contact Sonos Customer Care/Twitter (24/7) etc.
I’m having this same issue intermittently with my Beam and a brand new LG OLED TV. I can’t figure it out. Neither device provides feedback that you could use for troubleshooting.Try some of the suggestions mentioned in this thread and see how that goes for you.
I'm having similar issues with a Sony X900E. Almost every time we turn on the tv, the Beam is disconnected.Since I don't care for Alexa and voice commands, I am finding that using the Optical output of the TV is a better choice. I really just want the audio to work, so I don't care about controls via ARC.

With that being said, I do think there is a big problem with the ARC functions on the Beam.