Answered

sonos arc won't connect to ethernet wifi or TV

• 4 August 2021
  • 5 replies

My (relatively) new Sonos Arc has been working quite well (~7 months) until now. The Arc is connected to a Samsung TV via HDMI cable and hard-wired via ethernet cable to my router. When I last tried to use the TV, I found that the TV audio will no longer play on the Arc. I also found that the Arc is missing from my Sonos app and missing from a speaker group that it was assigned to in my Alexa app. The Arc has a solid white LED illuminated next to the microphone icon, but no other outward indication that it is being powered. 

I tried all of the steps recommended by Sonos to get the device reconnected but all attempts failed so far. I even tried to connect to Wi-Fi after unplugging the ethernet cable but the Arc still won’t connect. The TV does not appear to recognize that an Arc is connected to it anymore.

The TV’s Wi-Fi connection is fine, so I tried swapping the TV ethernet connection with the Arc ethernet connection. After swapping the ethernet connections, the TV continues to have internet connection but the Arc does not. I am at a loss how to troubleshoot further because of my inability to get any information from the Arc itself without either a wired or wireless connection.

Any ideas what I might try next?

icon

Best answer by LazIlyes 4 August 2021, 22:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

What happens if you power off the Arc for 30 seconds and back on again, do you then see the status LED light do anything (centre of Arc, on top, above the Sonos logo)?

Thanks for the reply Ken... I tried powering the Arc off by unplugging it from its outlet for a couple of minutes and then plugging it back in again. The only LED that lights is the white LED next to the microphone icon on the far right side. 

Thanks for the reply Ken... I tried powering the Arc off by unplugging it from its outlet for a couple of minutes and then plugging it back in again. The only LED that lights is the white LED next to the microphone icon on the far right side. 

It sounds like a ‘possible’ fault of some sort in my humble opinion, so I think you are perhaps best to give Sonos Support Staff a call and see what they say. You should be able to speak to them via this LINK

After 2 hours of chat and one additional hour on the phone with the technicians, it was concluded that some hardware in the Arc probably failed and the Arc will be replaced under warranty exchange.

After 2 hours of chat and one additional hour on the phone with the technicians, it was concluded that some hardware in the Arc probably failed and the Arc will be replaced under warranty exchange.

Firstly, thanks for coming back to us and sharing the outcome. I’m really sorry to hear your Arc has developed a fault and that it took a while to sort on the phone. It’s extremely rare to hear about such Sonos devices going faulty, particularly the Arc.

It did rather appear to be a hardware issue at first glance, from your description, but I guess the Support Team do have to check all before reaching a conclusion.

It is hassle, but at least you will be receiving a new device soon hopefully and all will be sorted. 

Thanks very much once again for the feedback here.👍