Answered

Sonos Arc with Vizio M55-C2 HDMI ARC

• 8 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos Arc and a Vizio M55-C2 (2015 ish).  When I plug the Sonos into my HDMI ARC port (HDMI-1) and turn on CEC my TV recognizes the Sonos but when using the Sonos App to try to setup the TV it gives the following error: “A device is interfering with the HDMI connection. Disconnect any other home theater products, then try again.”  I have disconnected every else except the Sonos and still get this error.  I have reset the Sonos to factory defaults a few times and unplugged/replugged the cable between the two and still no luck. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by James L. 9 April 2021, 10:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @DrQuirky, thanks for reaching out.

That message occurs when the CEC commands sent by the Sonos product fail to receive a response by the TV. Usually, this is caused by another device connected to the TV sending messages simultaneously that collide with our requests. This can also be caused by the TV simply failing to acknowledge the CEC packets ever arriving. A full system reboot can often fix the latter issue. Try the following steps in order:

1. Unplug the Sonos from the TV’s HDMI port.
  2. Unplug both the Sonos and the TV from power and leave unplugged for at least 30 seconds.
  3. Plug the TV into power and let it boot up
  4. Plug the Sonos into power and let it boot up (solid white light).
  5. Reconnect the Sonos device to the TVs HDMI ARC port

If you’re still experiencing the same issue then I recommend submitting a diagnostic report and getting in touch with our customer care team who can take a closer look at what’s happening to the CEC connection on your Sonos product.