Answered

Sonos Arc will pair with living room Sonos Amp but plays no sound from speakers

• 1 February 2021
  • 6 replies

I just got my Sonos ARC and have an existing pair of in ceiling speakers behind my couch powered by a Sonos AMP that I intended to pair with the ARC for surround sound.  When I set up the ARC with HDMI ARC input I used the app to set up surrounds with my Sonos AMP and it pairs the two together but then the amp won't play any sound for either TV or Music through the rear speakers, the Sonos ARC plays just fine. 

Am I doing something wrong?  Everything is hardwired to a network switch connected to my router. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 March 2021, 12:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If you go into the Arc Room settings in "Settings/System” and in surround audio change the music playback from ‘Ambient’ to ‘Full’ does that get the ceiling speakers playing when you play music audio?

I tried that and got nothing.

If you ‘unbond’ the Amp from the HT setup in the Sonos App, are you then able to play music to the Amp Room/ceiling speakers? 

Yes, when I run everything independently playing music everything works and sounds great. The ARC and the AMP just won’t work together when paired up as surround sound.  

When you say ‘paired’ I assume you are ‘bonding’ the Amp/Speakers via the add surrounds option from within the Arc ‘room’ settings is that correct?  ...my only other thoughts is to perhaps just try unbonding and re-bonding the surrounds again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @cpbaker 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this problem? If so, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team so they can interrogate your system as to what the problem is, and resolve it for you.