Sonos Arc: Sound and Audio Intermittently Cut Out on Vizio TV

• 16 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all:

I have a Vizio TV (model name: D65-F1; version: 2.70.33-1) and a Sonos Arc. The only other device in my ecosystem is my Comcast cable box.

Sometimes the audio cuts out, sometimes the picture cuts out, sometimes both cut out at the same time. Sometimes when these issues are occurring, the TV remote is unresponsive.

I’ve had the Arc for a year and didn’t have an issue until the last few weeks. I’m not sure what could have changed.

I have tried running just the TV and Sonos together (while streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime) and have no issues. I have tried just the TV and the cable box together and have no issues.

But put the three together and problems ensue. I have tried a CEC-less adapter at each end of the HDMI cable running between the cable box and the TV, and I’ve tried simultaneously having such an adapter at each end. I’ve toggled on the TV menu under the CEC option between “Enabled” and “Arc Only,” also to no avail.

I have also done factory resets on the TV and the Sonos (which I later read was unlikely to solve the issue). I’ve tried running just the TV and the Sonos together for a few hours under the assumption that this would “re-pair” the two, before re-introducing the cable box. But still nothing works.

My Sonos app confirms my system is up to date. Same with the Vizio.

Pretty much at a loss.

My diagnostic info was sent and confirmation number is 1446205665.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

On your cable box, go to Settings > Device Settings > Power Preferences > HDMI Device Control (HDMI-CEC) and set it to OFF. If this option isn’t available, try connecting the cable box to a different HDMI port on the TV.

So, I was able to successfully set that preference to OFF, got everything back up and running, had it working for a brief period of time, then the picture/sound cut out again. Keep throwing the ideas my way though, happy to keep tinkering!