Answered

Sonos Arc SL not connecting to TV after playing music

• 10 January 2021
  • 12 replies

I have the new Sonos Arc SL with two Sonos One SLs and a sub gen 3. After playing music from my iPhone to the Sonos Arc and then I turn on the tv, the Arc does not connect to the tv. I will have to unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back before I get tv audio. 
This only happens when the tv has been off while I’m playing music then I turn on the tv. 
Is anyone experiencing this with the Arc SL? Or Arc generally. Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 January 2021, 10:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have TV Autoplay turned on in the Sonos app?

Yes, TV Autoplay is on. 

Userlevel 7

What TV do you have?

I have a Samsung UN55JU. 

Userlevel 7

Is Anynet+ set up on your TV? 

Yes, it is. Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)

Userlevel 7

When you stop playing music and turn on the TV, if you press volume up on your TV remote, does anything happen? How about going to Browse (music note icon) on the Sonos app and selecting TV?

None of these worked each time this has happened.

Strangely, I just tried to recreate the issue by turning off the tv and played music, turned on tv and it worked well. I’ve tried repeating it several times in the last few minutes no problem. This is an issue I’ve experienced several times including earlier today. Very strange. 
Thank you so much for your help and time. 

Userlevel 7

No problem. It sounds like the Arc is having some trouble detecting the audio signal from your TV. Hopefully it will continue to work.

Userlevel 7

If the problem resurfaces, you could try using a different HDMI cable.

Seems to be same issue my sl won’t pick up my tv though my arc is 

Userlevel 7

@Gerscolin Do you have two One SLs and are they connected to your Arc as surrounds? Are you watching a 5.1 source?