Question

Sonos Arc losing connection

• 8 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi 

My Sonos ARC has recently started losing connection to my Samsung tv every time I turn off the tv, to reconnect i need to unplug the tv and replug then the ARC finds the connection again.

Is there an update or fix I can use to correct this problem  

I have run a diagnostic which is 1971928014.

Thanks Peter 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Peterpassi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community. We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern and for submitting the diagnostic.

Upon checking on the report, interference was detected in your Sonos system.  Wireless interference can occur when two or more wireless devices compete for the same WiFi space. If this overlap is causing performance issues, it can be quickly resolved by finding the source of the interference. You can also find instructions on how to reduce wireless interference in our short video.

To help you out with this, let me suggest the next troubleshooting to refresh the connection of your network and your Sonos devices.

1. Replicate the issue.
    • Turn off and on your Samsung TV. 
    • Start TV playback. Still no audio?
    • In the Sonos app, go to Browse (music note icon) select TV. Do you get the sound from the Sonos Arc?
  2. Check if TV Autoplay is enabled on the Sonos app.
    • Settings > System > [Home Theater Room] > TV Autoplay.
  3. Check for Samsung TV's firmware update.
  4. Adjust TV audio format. You can see Supported home theater audio formats.
  5. Try using an optical cable and see if you will get the same issue.

If the issue persists, I recommend contacting our support team to look into this. Our support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to address the issue. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, I'll be glad to assist you.