Sonos Arc Loose HDMI Connection

• 2 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi! I bought an Arc back in November ‘20 and have enjoyed it for the most part. Frustgratingly, however, the HDMI connection appears to be loose and as a result, the sound disconnects frequently. Reaching around to the back of the Arc and moving the HDMI cable will invariably reconnect the sound but not always. Unplugging the cable and reattaching it - either to the Arc or the TV - doesn’t solve the issue. There’s a lot of play in the connection (can wiggle a lot). Other HDMI cables also have the same issue. Has anyone else had this issue and can anyone suggest any fixes, other than sending the unit back for repairs - if accepted?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Todd H., welcome to the Sonos Community!

If the HDMI connection appears to be loose, then I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team via either live chat or phone call - they’ll be able to take a closer look and discuss options with you :)

Did you ever get this resolved?  I am having the same issue.  I recently wall mounted my Arc and there was no sound.  As soon as I touched the HDMI cable, the sound was restored.  I have ensured the cable was fully inserted and I have tried 2 new different cables and have similar issues with all of them.   I wiggle it a little and the sound goes in and out.  I have found a sweet spot with the cable wedged into a position but this is not how it should be.   It appears that the HDMI socket on the Arc is loose.

@ButchJK - no solution at the moment but glad (and sorry for you) to know this isn't just me. I would suggest reaching out to Sonos Support for assistance. I’ve not done that myself as I’ve not moved my Arc in a while and haven’t been having the issue. 

I’m having the same problem. I have the ARC about a year and I have had real difficulties getting it to work with a Samsung Frame TV.  Having resolved those compatibility issues I now find that the HDMI cable is not tight in the HDMI socket at the back of the ARC and if it is not perfectly positioned it disconnects (this is in contrast to the main power cables going into Play 1’s where I have nearly damaged my fingers trying to take them out). Would be interested if anyone ha any tips on this? I guess that I should try a different cable? I have been reluctant to do this as everything is hidden and wall mounted!  Thanks for any tips!

I have tried different cables and it didn’t make a difference. It seems to be a crappy HDMI socket in the Arc. 

Thanks for the feedback. I will try another cable and reassess things.