Question

Sonos ARC intermittently cuts out

• 25 October 2020
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I’ve had my Sonos Arc for ~4 weeks and have a recurring problem. About 30% of the time that I turn the ARC with TV as source, the sound on the ARC will go on for about a second, and then off for about 3 seconds. It’s not garbled, it’s just on then off.

I’ve never had this happen from another source. If I switch sources - e.g. Pandora or Spotify - the sound is fine. If I switch back to the TV the problem is still there.

I can fix this by unplugging either the power or the HDMI into the ARC and then plugging it back in. This fixes the ARC for 1-3 days.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sure sounds like an issue in the HDMI CEC hub, which is your TV. Have you checked to see if there is a software update for the TV?

I checked the software based on your suggestion, and it was already up to date. This is a brand new Samsung Picture Frame TV.

The Frame TV is a known issue to Samsung, if you look in the Home Theater area of this forum, you’ll see a whole thread about that particular TV.  They’ve released several updates, and some updates, based on what I’ve read, have not yet reached all locales. 

OK thanks for the feedback. Will read the other threads to catch up.