Sonos Arc drops volume

• 8 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Most evenings Sonos Arc will

suddenly drop volume for up to 30 seconds. This may happen twice.
Connected to LG tv and Sky box.

Is this a software issue? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

There should be a sticker on the box that says something along the lines of…

ES130 - is a V1

ES140 - is a V1

ES240 - is a V2

ES340 - is a V3

Thanks Bruce.  Will try the system diagnostics 

Hi BMF

How do I find which Sky Q box I have 

Unlikely, but nothing is impossible. It’s much more likely that the signal being generated by the TV is dropping the volume for some reason, or even the Sky box is lowering the volume it sends to the TV.

Its worth a reboot/unplugging of all the devices in the chain, at the very least, and checking them all for software updates. If it continues to happen, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Edit: I see BMF types faster than I do ;)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi, do you have a V3 Sky Q box?

there are loads of problems with dropouts and Sky Q

I had dropouts all the time with V1 and V2 Sky Q boxes, it was eventually fixed by Sky but it took a looooong time.

do you get dropouts with any other sources? If not, I would say the issue is with Sky