Sonos Arc disconnects from LG TV

• 30 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Here is one problem I noticed with my Arc + Sub + One system. The Arc connects with my LG C8 via HDMI cable to ARC. Every time I power on the TV, the sound switch back to “internal speaker + optical” audio option. I have to manually switch it back to ARC . However, after I am done this, the Netflix won’t show Atoms instead of showing 5.1 (the sonos app shows DDP 5.1). Then I will need to switch between internal speaker and ARC couple time, switch on and off for Dolby Atomos setting for internal speaker, reload Netflix couple time to get the Atomos sign back for Netflix and sonos app. 

Can I get some help with this issue? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Is Simplink enabled on your TV? Do you have any other devices connected to your TV? Are you using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable?

Just checked. Simplink is on and auto power sync is on. I have a tv box, Nintendo switch and ps 4 connected with tv via hdmi. Yes. I’m using the Sonos cable. 

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging all of the other devices and see if you still have the same problem.

Also, turn off Auto Power Sync.