Sonos Arc cuts out at the same time EVERYDAY

• 20 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello

I have had an issue which I had reported to Sonos support a couple of times.  This evening after making a change, I have found the source of the problem.

I have a Sonos Arc, Sub and 2 x Sonos 1 surrounds connected to a Samsung QLED TV. 

Each evening when running any sound source, TV or music it would cut out everyday at EXACTLY 8pm. 

I cannot for sure say when it started, but it has been happening for a while now.

Tried all the all the things support ask you to do; reboot, change wireless channels, submit diagnostics etc. and none of this worked or was conclusive.

Today I noticed in the Sonos App that everyday at 8pm Sonos updates my music library which is located on a NAS drive. Therefore I set it to update at 4am and no more cut outs at 8pm!  Problem (sort of) solved.

If anyone from Sonos support can tell me:

1. Why this happens
  2. Why a diagnostics report would not show this (i have submitted them on each support call minutes after it happened).

I’ve not seen any other posts with this solution, so apologies if this is known information.

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15
  1. You had it Scheduled to index your Library at 8pm?  There is a setting in the App to schedule a library index.
  2. They didn't look properly/it isn't sent (doubtful).
  1. You had it Scheduled to index your Library at 8pm?  There is a setting in the App to schedule a library index.
  2. They didn't look properly/it isn't sent (doubtful).

On point 1, yes, agreed.  I am aware that you can schedule it, but forgot it was set on my system and started looking everywhere else but there.  I suppose the question is why would the sound cut out when, for example watching Netflix? Surely this should just quietly update in the background as I am fairly sure it was doing before?   

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I agree, it should -  especially when not even listening to that source.

My thought is that the network is on the edge for some reason and the flurry of traffic generated by the library index routine pushes over the edge. At minimum the directory entry for every library track must be fetched. If the file has been modified since the last run, then the track will be fetched and the the file metadata will be used to update the index entry. However, a network failure should leave tracks in the diagnostics.