Answered

Sonos Arc cutout only when playing Atmos content.

• 23 January 2022
  • 4 replies

My Sonos Arc (Connected to 2 One’s with a Sub) has had an issue since I got it. Whenever playing any Dolby Atmos content ( DD+, TrueHD, and MAT) there is intermittent cutting out. It tends to happen when there is a lot of noise going on in a scene, such as a loud scene or fighting scene but also can happen randomly during dialogue. I have replaced my streaming device from a Roku Ultra to NVidia Shield, I have replaced the HDMI cables to certified HDMI 2.1 48 gbps, and I even went as far as replacing the tv from a Samsung 55” to a Vizio M-series Quantum. All devices are updated and I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. 

Any help?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 January 2022, 02:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Atmos requires more data than simpler formats. Likely you have some sort of network issue. Submit a diagnostic and follow up with SONOS support. Network issues leave tracks in the diagnostic.

In my mind the network wouldn't effect it, I'm using Plex to play my files and my Nvidia shield and server are hardwired through Ethernet. They get 300 Mbps between themselves. It also happens with files that have Atmos that are 2 hours long and 60gb and files that are 2 hours and 9 gb. So thank you for the suggestion but I don't think it's network related. I've also tried going the Sonos support route and they never see any issues in the diagnostics. I wish the consumer was able to read the diagnostic data that would make everything so much easier.

You have access to a subset of the diagnostics at http://[IP address of a player]:1400/support/review. They are surly and undocumented.

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Remove the Sub and Ones from the Arc in the Sonos app. Disconnect everything from the TV, including the Arc, and unplug the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes. Reboot your router too. Plug the TV and Arc back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure CEC is enabled on your TV. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable when the app instructs you to. Once the Arc is successfully connected, connect the other devices to your TV and test WITHOUT adding the Sub and Ones. Then test again WITH the Sub and Ones bonded to the Arc. Let us know your results.