Sonos Arc cracking

• 8 September 2021
  • 3 replies

After having my Sonos Arc, sub and two Sonos 1 SL surround speakers tonight the system started crackling and cutting in and out.  I have a Apple TV hooked up to a projector the a HDMI Matrix Switch.  The sound goes through the optical to HDMI adaptor and again has worked great for a few months till now.  I did submit a diagnostic report 1066721761. Would love help.  Have loved my system so this is frustrating to say the least.

Mod Edit: Corrected typo for clarification

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jhooge 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I can see the issue in the logs, but it looks like an external factor is at work here. I recommend you power-off your Arc, projector, Apple TV and the HDMI Matrix Switch. Once they’ve all been off for a minute or so, power them back on. I suspect the issue is happening at the matrix, but that’s only a guess - best to reboot the lot.

If that doesn’t help, please double-check that all the cable connections are sound.

I hope this helps.

I have checked all the cables and will power everything off later today and see if that helps.  I did move my modem and router to a different location.  It was in the same room and moved it to my basement last Thursday.  Everything worked great till Monday night.   That wouldn’t have anythign to do with it would it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jhooge 

When playing TV audio, the Arc itself won’t care about the network status at all, though it is needed to get the surrounds and Sub working. If the Arc audio is cutting out when playing TV, then it’s either due to the TV, the source, or the cabling (and the HDMI Matrix, in your case) or the Arc itself - but that isn’t indicated. The Arc is reporting issues with the incoming feed that cause it to error-out and start playback again.