Equipment:

Sky Q Router - Living Room

Sky Q 2 TB - Living Room 

Sky Q Mini Box - Games Room

Sonos Arc - Games Room

Sonos Gen 3 Sub - Games Room

Connectivity

Sky Q 2TB - Ethernet to router direct

Sky Q Mini Box - Powerline from the living room to games room / powerline to 8 port switch / 8 port switch to Mini Q

Sonos Arc - Powerline from the living room to games room / powerline to 8 port switch / 8 port switch to Sonos Arc using Ethernet ( plus WiFi enabled on the arc for the sub )

Hi All

I’m new to Sonos and having some frustrating connection issues with my new Arc. I’m using the new S2 app ( updated yesterday ) where the app will only connect from my phone to the Arc when I’m connected to the main router in the living room. if I connect to any of the mini q boxes from my phone the app basically said it cannot find my Sonos system.

Due to poor wifi in the house, I need to run power over Ethernet to the mini q boxes or they don’t work hense the configuration.

I have other devices connected to the same switch in the games room and I’m able to connect to them from anywhere in the house so this issue is primarily to do with the Sonos Arc ( I believe )

Any Ideas ?

Thanks In Advance

Stu

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @StuN, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue with your Sonos Arc, so that we can check the current status of the connections of your whole system, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify if there’s interference or any issue on your system. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon

Messaged you the code

Thanks

Stu

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @StuN, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. It detected an Audio Playback error. and Error (Abort: Incorrect Mode) on the CEC status of your Sonos Arc. Kindly check the CEC settings of your TV and this should be enabled. If the issue persists, let us know so that we can check further on this issue. 

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.