Question

Sonos Arc blinking white light non-stop, app wont connect..

• 13 July 2020
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Got a gen 3 sub for use with the arc. Sub would not output sound after connecting via WiFi. Arc used an Ethernet cable. To try and fix the issue,  I tried turning the arc off and back on in order to set it up via WiFi. The arc turned back on but keeps blinking white light. The app can not detect the arc. i now have a non working arc and a sub that I could not get sound out from . Any ideas ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Diagnostic: 667108733

Ended up factory resetting the arc. Arc is back working, still cannot get sub to connect over wifi … i have it plugged in, and the app detects it, but when i press the connect button, nothing happens, the app says there is a problem. any help would be appreciated! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ma9t.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would recommend during the set up of the Sonos Sub to temp connect it directly to the router via ethernet cable (ethernet cable first before power) and add Sub on the Sonos app. I would also like to share with you the following guides to better understand how to proceed.

1. Sonos light status guide. This guide would help us understand what does the light status on your Sonos Sub means.
  2. If the Sonos Sub has a blinking green light, please proceed in adding a sub on the Sonos app.
  3. If the Sonos Sub Has a solid white light, Check on the Sonos app in the Rooms tab (boom middle portion of the Sonos app) to check if it shows there “Sub unused”.
  4. If none, proceed on completely resetting the Sonos Sub
  5. Once the Sub has a green status light, please proceed in adding a sub on the Sonos app.
  6. Once the Sonos Sub has been successully bonded to your Sonos Arc, Unplug the ethernet cable from the Sub and place it back on it’s original location.
  7. Test to make sure everything works.

I hope these topics and guides helps.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

@Paul A 

I have walked through each of those steps. Still am not hearing any sound from the sub over wifi. It is connected in the app over wifi (it shows). I have tried a number of sources for sound and nothing will get the sub to play over wifi… It sounds great over ethernet, which I have been working with - but not optimal placement.

My latest diagnostic: 739180578

I spent several hours with Chat support last week and could not get it working. My case #: 01971947

I have tried restarting the router several times as suggested but no dice…

Any other suggestions? I am also going to add the one surrounds, but if the sub wont work…  

Would love to get this working before I cannot return it! Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ma9t.

Thanks for submiotting a diagnostic with the detailed response.

I would like to share with you the details indicated on the diagnostic.

Based on the submitted diagnostic, it shows that the WiFi capabilities of the Sonos Arc has been disabled that is why the Sonos Sub cannot communicate directly to the Sonos Arc. I would suggest enabling the Wifi capabilities of the Sonos arc and observe the Sonos Sub’s behavior. Please check this guide on how to enable Wifi on the Sonos Arc as this would be the fix on the Sub audio issue.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

@Paul A 

I enabled wifi on the arc, removed the sub from ethernet and am still unable to hear sound. I tried cycling the power on the sub also, no luck. Submitted a new diagnostic: 1099371630

The reason I had turned off wifi on the arc is that when it had been enabled, I could not list any wifi networks (my own or any others) in the sonos app - i could not pair the sub at all to any wifi network. 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ma9t.

Thanks for your immediate response and for submitting a nother diagnostic.

Based on the submitted diagnostic, The Sub is now connected wirelessly to the rotuer and not directly to the Sonos Arc. I would like to recommend getting in touch with our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting steps. you may also want to consider taking note of the following information before calling for them to check our articles if we have a known issue with your system.

1. Modem make and model.
  2. Router make and model.
  3. Network switch/hum make and model.
  4. Wifi/range extenders make and model (if applicable).
  5. WiFi boosters make and model (if applicable)
  6. Mesh system make and model.

Please let us know if you still ahve further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,