Answered

Sonos Arc and LG CX remote

• 15 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I'm the owner of a Sonos Arc since a couple of days. I already had a stereo pair of One speakers. I took some time to add them as surrounds, as it did not work straight away. First I had to reset them otherwise it wouldn't work in the S2 app.

I have a LG CX TV and use the E-ARC port. Everything is working fine except for the volume control with the LG remote. I've tried this, but it still doesn't work. Please help me out to make this work. Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by silverfishy 18 August 2020, 14:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @silverfishy, thanks for reaching out. Appreciate the details here and efforts. Just to let you that the article you shared is applicable if you’re using an optical audio adapter. Is it possible to try a different remote control for testing purposes and isolation? Since it’s working with your TV it should work with the remote as well. You can also submit a diagnostic to further check on our end. Reply to us with the confirmation number. Thanks!

Problem solved by contacting the Sonos support chat. It seems that my Mibox was causing a problem with HDMI-CEC. After disconnecting the Mibox and restarting the LG CX and Sonos Arc everything works fine now. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @silverfishy, thanks for getting back to us and for the update. I’m glad that it’s working fine now. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. We’re always here.