Answered

Sonos Arc

Hello Sonos:

We have a Sonos Arc which is connected by HDMI to our TV. It works great when played with movies and by itself. However, when we play music through the Sonos App (Sonos Radio or Amazon music) with the other connected speakers the Sonos Arc is delayed and skips

out. It is very frustrating and we have no clue how to

fix it. Thanks in advance for your help. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 30 May 2022, 23:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The network connection must be flaky. You could submit a diagnostic, note the number, and contact Sonos Support.

Alternatively if you’d like folks here to try and assist we’d need more details about how all the players in the system connect to the network. Your profile shows a bunch of models, some S1-only and some S2-only, so it would help to get a broader picture.

Hello,

All of my components are on S2 and the diagnostic number is 346327082. We appreciate your help as we have had numerous issues that are unresolved. Our Comcast Xfinity router is broadcasting at 1 GIG with 6 EERO Mesh throughout the house. 

Hello,

All of my components are on S2 and the diagnostic number is 346327082. We appreciate your help as we have had numerous issues that are unresolved. Our Comcast Xfinity router is broadcasting at 1 GIG with 6 EERO Mesh throughout the house. 

You may find this link below from Sonos Staff an initial useful read:

Assuming you do not wish to use the Comcast Xfinity WiFi router as a ‘modem’ only device, it briefly explains how to put the eero network into bridge mode, avoiding double NAT. There is a link explaining the necessary steps for Eero WiFi and when done, personally speaking, I would then choose to cable one Sonos device (not a HT surround, or Sub) direct to the router to initiate a SonosNet network for your Sonos devices. Ensure that any wired device is set at least one meter away from the router itself.

Also set the SonosNet channel in the Sonos App so it is at least 5 channels away from your routers 2.4Ghz WiFi channel and then see if that resolves your issues with the Arc & grouped-player playback.

There is an alternative to the above suggestion, where a primary eero hub is set as the router on the network and the Xfinity router is put in modem/bridge mode, in which case, you would then wire one Sonos product to the erro primary hub router instead, but that’s a choice for yourself. I’m not sure which type of setup may work best, with Sonos, but hopefully either should perform well with your Sonos system and eradicate the ‘dropout’ issues you’ve encountered.

Thank you! I have the Boost connected to the EERO and my EERO pod connected to my Xfinity Modem. I will confirm with Comcast it is in Bridge mode. Hopefully, this will correct the issue. Does that sound correct?

Thank you! I have the Boost connected to the EERO and my EERO pod connected to my Xfinity Modem. I will confirm with Comcast it is in Bridge mode. Hopefully, this will correct the issue. Does that sound correct?

Yes, if it’s working for you, then all should be fine.